I dedicate this blog to my father, who first put a camera in my hands when I was 12 and who took me to many of the places that I love today.
COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.
Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more
Wednesday, September 25, 2013
Just a hint of autumn
The cottonwoods up in Anza are turning yellow...already! :-) I found this one last weekend. Fall is here. It is even here in the desert. It's CHILLY this morning and tomorrow it will only be in the low 80's! Man, time to get the sweaters out! Somebody asked if we get frost here. Yes, we do. I remember a hard frost one year in March and it nearly took out my bougenvillas. And, our local mountains get...SNOW! One time, snow was on Haystack Mountain, which is above Palm Desert, about 3,000 feet. I grabbed the kids and took them out to view it. HA~ That was over 25 years ago!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thanks for the comment on our blog. I am now following yours, since we love that part of CA. Have driven Hwy 74 a couple times and hiked around there. Hope to get back there again some day.
ReplyDeleteGayle
Fall is definitely here at the canyon. Barely broke 50 today and has already dropped below freezing. But the fall colors are sure worth it.
ReplyDelete