Our daughter wanted to get out Saturday morning, so we headed over to Palm Springs to the certified farmers' market, which is held every Saturday morning in the Palm Springs pavillion. I had never been to this one before. Palm Desert has one, starting in October and running through May, but it is on Wednesday morning from 9:00 to noon. SAY WHAT? We working stiffs cannot make that one! :-( There will also be one in La Quinta, starting in October. So, I really wanted to go to this because I can get the freshest, best-tasting wheatgrass! :-) And, after last week, I REALLY needed some wheatgrass! I didn't buy much...I bought some fresh sunflower sprouts and a bar of goat's milk soap (vanilla bean scent). I mainly wanted to walk around and get the lay of the land. There were flowers, a local bakery, Sky Island nut butters (but they were out of almond butter), honey from Temecula (our daughter bought one of the wildflower ones), and lots and lots of produce. We both enjoyed our hour that we spent there and we saw many regular customers come with their bags. Here's a link to the certified farmers market website:
http://certifiedfarmersmarket.org/
Such a delight to buy fresh, certified and often from the grower. Envy.
ReplyDelete