COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Saturday, September 14, 2013

People versus nature (in photos)

My first cousin on my mom's side is a professional photographer.  BUT, she takes photos of people:  graduations, weddings, birthdays, proms...Well, you get the picture.  I, on the other hand (and I'm NOT a professional) hate to have people in my photos!  Are you like that, too?  Frankly, I think people spoil my pics!  I rarely have people in them and avoid them if I can.  How about you?  Do you like to include people in your photos?  Horses and animals?  Yes...people...NO!


P.S.  If you want to check out my cousin's photography website, here is her addy:

3 comments:

  1. Unless I'm specifically going to photograph my kids or grandkids - nope - no people. There was one time though I was walking along the pier in San Diego Shelter Island - There were two children I specifically photographed because I loved what they were doing. One was a sweet girl about 10 with Down's Syndrome - a fish was on the pier and it was still alive but wiggling around. She stooped down to watch it (very tenderly and sadly) .. I couldn't resist - no one saw me take the pic. I still have that photo from years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely am a landscape photographer and don't usually want people in the photo unless I know them, they are far away, or it helps with perspective. Problem is, I forget to take photos of people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree with you! I hate taking posed people pictures. Street candid photos of people I don't know are okay, but other than that, no!
    I do sometimes have my wife in shots, but just to show scale.

    ReplyDelete