Hubby and I took a couple days and went to San Juan Capistrano. We always enjoy going to the mission there. For us, it's very relaxing and pleasant. This year is the 300th anniversary of Father Serra and I was surprised that more people weren't there yesterday (Sunday) afternoon. It was a GORGEOUS day, with puffy clouds overhead, so in we went! I do believe that this IS my favorite California mission, so if you have a chance, do visit it! It was $8.00 each for us to get in (60 and older), so that's a great deal! :-) I also think it IS the most photogenic of the California missions, although I do recall Santa Buena Ventura having LONG columns, too. Hmmm...guess that's another trip! I didn't plan to go to this mission just to take photos of windows and doors, so these are the ones I accidentally took! WWDD for November 25, 2013. To visit WWDD, please go to: http://iwishiwereaphotographer.blogspot.com/
Beautiful, it does look warm and welcoming! I like the brick peeking out, looks like those walls would have some nice tales to tell :) Lovely!
ReplyDeleteIt looks great - I haven't visited this one.
ReplyDeleteNow you were even closer! You should have honked!
ReplyDeleteI enlarged the photos and they really nice. It wasn't that long ago that this was a little tiny town.