COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Old man cottonwood

There's a lone, huge cottonwood near the oak forest which I drive through when I go up to the horse ranch.  I often stop at the turnout across from it and take a couple of photos.  If I were to document one tree throughout the year, it would be this majestic cottonwood.  Once in a while I'll spot a hawk in the bare trees next to it, but there weren't any hawks last weekend.  Right now its color it at its peak.  I can't wait to see it next week, when I have 9 days off!

Somebody asked why I awaken every morning at 4:00.  Well, my body is used to it.  And, I fall asleep each night by 8:00, so that's a good 8 hours' sleep!  :-)

Now go out and enjoy your day!

2 comments:

  1. That's going to be pretty when its' leaves change. We still have some hanger on leaves but a lot of the trees up here are just about bare.

    You must be excited - nine days off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That tree has been around for a long time. It could probably tell us some interesting stories.

    ReplyDelete