COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Friday, November 15, 2013

Old thoroughbred farm fence~Friday's Fences~111513

There's an old thoroughbred ranch up in our local mountains.  Actually, there are several of them, all no longer used as breeding farms, however.  This one is right at the corner where I turn to Anza, to go visit my horses every weekend..  It's been there as long as we have lived in the desert, so that's over 30 years.  At one time its fences were white and freshly painted.  Now, however, they are in need of repair and paint.  I kind of like them the way they are...they're like me...old and tired!  :-)  I hope they never paint them!  I love to stop here during the seasons and watch how the trees change and the fences deteriorate!  I can't wait to see this place in the winter again, covered with snow, but for now the autumn leaves add a real sense of color to the ranch, don't you think?  The trees were at their peak last weekend.  I wonder what they'll look like this weekend?   To visit Friday's Fences, please go to this link and see other entries:  http://lifeaccordingtojanandjer.blogspot.com/




7 comments:

  1. What a beautiful place that is...I love the color and the distant view. It is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty, the trees and the fencing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like all of us, that fence has seen better days but it still works and even worn on top, it still makes a very good fence.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a gorgeous background in these shots!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow...take me away, indeed! And I, too, love the wear on the fence. Tells a story of years gone by.

    Aloha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Blue sky or dark sky, still a beautiful place. VERY nice photos!

    ReplyDelete