COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Monday, November 18, 2013

One week on and next week OFF!

I have one more week, then next week I'll be off school for 9 days!  I CANNOT WAIT!  I do have parent conferences this week (ugh!) and Wednesday will be my late night.  My brain is usually MUSH by 6:00 p.m. and I have to last until 7:00 p.m.  Oh, well...Then, we have conferences again on Thursday afternoon, but that's usually a very light day.  Wednesday is the BIG DAY.  And, we only have 1/2 day on Friday, then I'm off for the weekend and 5 days next week.  My plan is to get up at my usual 4:00 a.m. time and drive out about a mile from our house to TRY to find the 4 comets which are currently hurling toward the sun.  We just have too many trees around our house and I can't get a decent view of the eastern sky.  Anyway, that's the plan.

I drove up to the horse ranch to check on the horses and see whether or not they needed more pellets.  They didn't.  I'll have to buy some next week, when I'm off, however.  The ranch had a steady drizzle all day Saturday and they had a heavy frost Saturday night.  Their maples are starting to fade and lose leaves and I'm sure that by next week, ALL their leaves will be gone...sigh...

Here are some photos from yesterday up at the ranch.  I took my German Shepherd, Lady, with me because the ranch owner said she could flush out her ears.  She's been shaking her head and whining and I've tried cleaning them, but I never got deep enough to clean out the crud.  SHE did!  Ears are all clean now!   :-)


2 comments:

  1. Love those colors! Too bad they turn to drab and then fall off the trees. German Shepherds are my favorite dogs. Enjoy your time off! I'm sure you'll be out somewhere taking some great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure is pretty up there. Enjoy your time off. But really, up at 4am when you don't have to? ;)

    ReplyDelete