COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Monday, November 11, 2013

Why I go to the mountains

I love driving up into our local mountains.  It's only a 10-15 minute drive from our house in the desert up into the pinyon forest, at about 3,000 - 3,500 feet.  It's so quiet up there (except for the noisy scrub jays!).  I can finally relax, roll down the car windows, smell the fresh air, and let go of the week's tension.  So, up I went yesterday.  I spent some time driving around the pinyon forest, taking photos, before heading to the horse ranch for some time with my horses.  Ahhh...an extra day of vacation is just what I needed, since I spent all day Saturday at home, in my pajamas, doing absolutely NOTHING.  I hate to lose a whole day to fatigue, but I'm finding that's my typical weekly routine.  By the time Saturday comes, I'm so dang tired from the week, that I can't do anything or go anywhere.  I just crash.  I'm usually up & out by Sunday, however...So I have an extra day today...what shall I do?



2 comments:

  1. Nice to have such a quiet and beautiful place so close to home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your tree photos! i agree about the forest - we just moved from WW to Crestline near lake Gregory - i love it up here!

    ReplyDelete