COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Saturday, September 27, 2014

AUTUMN is here!

I know that autumn has arrived for a couple of reasons.  First, the temps dropped way down into the 70's last night.  Phew!  I ran around the house and opened up ALL the windows!  And, we turned the air condition OFF!  Finally!  It has run virtually nonstop from May through September (until today)...Fortunately we had a $700 credit from Southern California Edison and that took us through MOST of the summer months!   :-)  I have a tendency to inch up the thermostat while hubby isn't looking, so we had a huge credit this year!

Second, sites are filling up at Thousand Trails RV park in Bermuda Dunes!  I drive by it every day to and from school.  It sits empty during the summer months and the owners trim all the palm trees and I'm sure they do maintenance then.  But, by Thursday, I did notice a few brave souls enduring the last couple of days of 106 degree temps.  Yesterday, it was down to 100 (I think...) and today, down to 89!  YIPPIE!  And, double digit temps for the REST of the week!  Whoo, whoo!   :-)

Finally, with the dropped temps, our nighttime temps have dropped too and we can sleep much more comfortably and open the doors and let the cool air inside during the mornings.  Right now it is a delightful 73 degrees!

2 comments:

  1. wow i wouldn't want that electric bill, and nice u are cooling down.

    it was in the 40's here last night - and a little moisture in the air from the storm that didn't hit here but we have some clouds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cooler nights have been here a while although it was flipping 87 today!!!!...:)JP

    ReplyDelete