COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Friday, September 19, 2014

Seniors beware! New SCAM!

I recently received a bill from a "Professional Credit Service" (yeah, RIGHT!) for a bill from my local hospital, which they said was UNPAID and if I didn't dispute it within 30 days, they would consider it legal.

SAY WHAT?

The ONLY time I was even at our local hospital recently was in December of 2013, when I was hit by a kid running to kick a soccer ball and he ran into me and I fell down and had a concussion.  Fortunately, this was a workman's comp case, as I WAS in the hospital most of the next day after I vomited in the morning.  As workman's comp, since it happened at school, during the school day, I wouldn't be responsible for anything, let alone $269.00!!!!

I knew it was bogus.  I tried calling the hospital several times and nobody answered.  I DID manage to get a quick call in to the credit service and they said, "Ooops...er...it was an error"!  An ERROR?  REALLY?

I confirmed it that afternoon with a call to the hospital.  Right away the gentleman on the phone said, "Is this regarding Professional Credit Service?"  I said "Yup".  Apparently they have received quite a few calls and complaints about them. And, NO, I don't owe $269.00.  It was an "error".

What a SCAM!  Just imagine if 10% of those receiving bills paid them!  What a ton of money that would be!

I fired off 4 letters of complaint, along with copies of my now-"bogus" bill from PCS to various governmental offices in Salem, Oregon (since it is an Oregon based company) AND a law firm in New York City.

What sealed it for me is that one of my co-workers ALSO got a bill from them, TOO, for the same hospital!  What a coincidence.  Seems they (PCS) targeted certain zip codes or hospitals.

SO...if you receive a bill from them, PLEASE, stop, call the hospital listed and confirm that you do NOT owe them money!  SCAM, SCAM, SCAM!!!

Beware.

No comments:

Post a Comment