COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Monday, September 1, 2014

September 1st already and fall isn't far away!!!

I can already notice a difference in the afternoon sunlight in our front yard:  AUTUMN IS COMING!  And, not soon enough!  While we've had a relatively mild summer here (knock on wood), I'm TIRED of the heat.  It was 114 Friday, 111 Saturday, about 109 Sunday, and today it was down to 104 on our front porch at 4:00 p.m.

I drove up to the horse ranch to exercise the horses yesterday and our local Santa Rosa mountains are...GREEN!  It's from the monsoon rains.  And, I saw a lot of wildflowers (yellow)...

Our mornings have been quite pleasant over the Labor Day weekend.  I was able to go out this morning and use the weed eater.  I want to plan for my sweet peas along the chain link fence in the back yard, like I did last year.  I'm thinking about ordering some hollyhocks and morning glory seeds too, so that the birds can enjoy them and maybe even some nasturtiums to grow up along the fence.  I'm going to bring down some old, moldy alfalfa that the horses can't eat and use it to supplement our sandy soil.  Oh, and some horse manure, too!

Here are some of the flowers up at the ranch and a scene from our local mountains.



3 comments:

  1. Now is the time to start paying attention to Golden Rods and photograph them for those golden yellows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea for the cooler temperatures. Coming from the midwest, it seems strange to read of planting for winter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's odd, but here on the coast, we are having our hottest weather of the summer.

    ReplyDelete