This afternoon, out of sheer boredom, I went to the Toro Peak webcam. There are puffy thunderheads all over the valley today, in spots, and I wanted to see what the webcam would show. It isn't as hot as yesterday, either, and we are forecast to have RAIN by Thursday and Friday.
At first, I thought they were spots on my laptop screen, but I keep it meticulously clean. I could see that they were NOT spots on the webcam lens.
No, they are RAVENS! There are 3 of them that I can see...I often see them gliding along Deep Canyon, especially near Vista Point, where they stop to feed off the TRASH that people leave. I mean, for a pullout like that, why in the world aren't there trash cans??? And, why aren't there RECYCLE bins for glass, cans, and plastic? They (CalTrans) would make a fortune, believe me. I've often been tempted to climb over the stone posts and go collect all the cans and bottles myself!
Anyway, back to the ravens...They frequently do stop there to enjoy the leftover McDonalds and other food items left by careless and thoughtless travelers.
The top photo is the UNcropped one, but I cropped the bottom one...You'll have to click on them to enlarge them to even see the ravens.


Are those Ravens or Turkey Vultures ? I actually can't tell from that far distance.
ReplyDelete