If I can make it through today, fall is just around the corner. Today will be in the 104 - 106 degree range. Then, double digits after that, through next week. PHEW! Not a moment too soon! I took the kids out for PE on Tuesday. That did me in. I was exhausted, achy, feet and legs ached. I was barely able to drive home. Came home and collapsed on the bed. Turns out, it was a virus and I stayed home yesterday to recover (and sleep). Hubby says it is going around his work and half the folks there have it. Oh, joy! :-)
Our Whole Foods opened yesterday here in Palm Desert and it was a WHOLE bunch of chaos! Hubby drove me over after he got home from work and the place was so packed he could barely turn the shopping cart around! We got separated a couple of times and nearly lost one another forever! I DID stop at the juice bar and get a shot of wheatgrass ($2.25) and it was the SMALLEST wheatgrass shot I've ever had! Next time (when I have my wits with me...), I'll tell them what a small shot they are serving! I mean, it was TINY! I wasn't too happy with that. I'm hoping it will get me through the day today (the wheatgrass)...we'll see.
And, they put the wine area right next to the produce section! Huh? Really? They do have a nice outdoor seating area (with misters), so folks can come sit outside (when it is cooler). AND, they open at 7:00 a.m. :-)
Considering the chaos of yesterday, I think I'll stay away for a week.
LOL!!! So the opening wasn't so grand, after all?!?...:)JP
ReplyDeleteSince they opened the Sprouts nearby I never go to Whole Foods anymore......their prices are nearly double :-( Sure hope our triple digits are done for the year and Fall really is around the corner!
ReplyDelete