So, Sunday morning our daughter was having a cup of coffee with me and I opened up the kitchen curtains up at the cabin in Idyllwild and there it was...a bobcat! He/she was right on the front porch! Fortunately, daughter had her iPhone with her and snapped a few pics of it, including this one. Now, this was about 6:15 a.m. I'd been up since 5:00, puttering around, making a fresh fire in the fireplace, bringing in wood, and doing the dishes from the previous night. He/she just wandered up to the porch, wandered right by the front door where the two of us were standing inside, and then up the hill to the cabins above ours. They were all empty for the weekend. I knew he/she was around because the blue jays were squawking and I saw one of them fly down from a branch to one closer to the ground. Then it disappeared. This is probably the same bobcat which was sighted the day before, up at the main compound. We were staying in a separate cabin, further down by the creek.
We did hear that there are 3 bobcats in the area and the locals are upset because one lady lost 2 of her cats. Monday morning, we heard a gun go off early in the morning and we were wondering if somebody shot a bobcat...

Cool sighting of the Bobcat!
ReplyDeleteVery cool that you spotted her and reacted quickly enough to take her pic. Really hoping nobody shot her!!
ReplyDeleteSuch a great sighting. Sure hope one wasn't shot.
ReplyDelete