COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Sunday, May 17, 2015

Yesterday was a GOOD day! :-)

Yesterday was the first Saturday, I'd say, in a month (at least) that I actually had some energy!  And, what a difference that made.

First, I had to run to school to check on something, so I was out the door by 8:00 a.m.  Then, I stopped at our daughter's house (since it is on the way) to visit them.  Then, I went to WINCO and bought groceries, including thistle seed for the finches and verdins.  Also picked up a 25 pound of birdseed (which the birds don't really like...sigh...).  I do mix it half and half with the COSTCO branch (which they DO like), but they usually leave the tiny seeds.  They are SO spoiled!  I even did a short walk at my favorite walking spot!

Then, off to the civic center park for some photos of the grandson at his T-ball game.  I sat in the shade and took some photos and he got on base twice.  At his age, the kids ALL rotate through the list and everybody gets to hit the ball.  There were some teeny tiny kids playing and it was so fun to watch them run to first base!  I eventually wandered over to the civic center park and saw 4 baby ducks.  They weren't very old.  Unfortunately, ducklings don't last long in the park.  The carp get them and a lady told me another bird eats them!  I only saw the 4 little ones.

Then, to the camera store because my Canon is acting up again.  I keep getting a message about the camera and lens connections not working.  The guy at Camera West looked at it, couldn't find anything wrong, but I'm thinking, I shove it in my camera case sideways and I'm going to stop that.  In fact, I need to order a new camera case and find one where I can lay it flat.  Thank you, Camera West!  No charge!

Finally, I went to Whole Foods and browsed their hot food buffet.  I picked out some chicken with tumeric, some rice, some steamed cabbage, and some pinto beans, and went home, took off my shoes, and watched the Preakness pre-race show and then the race.  I even experimented taking some  photos of the horses with my camera on the TV!

After the race, it was time to head to our daughter's house for dinner of steak, chicken, baked potatoes, and a delicious green salad.  Our son and his family were able to join us, so a good day was had by all yesterday!   :-)

 
 The view of our mountains and fresh snow!
 An agave?
 The grandson.
 The granddaughter took her mother's banana and ate it!
 The park.
Momma duck and 4 babies.

1 comment:

  1. What a busy time, love the images. Cute shot of your grandson and the ducklings.. Have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete