COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Monday, May 25, 2015

Idyllwild weekend

So, Friday afternoon I zoomed out of school, only to learn I had to stop by our daughter's house to pick up STUFF to take in our XTerra up to Idyllwild.  Hubby had the car all packed, and he was able to get this stuff in it, too, but boy, was it heavily loaded!  We were heading up to Idyllwild for a weekend with our daughter, her family, and our son and his family (Saturday night), and a couple who are good friends and neighbors with our daughter.  Plus, my 2nd cousin from Alaska stopped by for 2 nights, with his son, who is the same age as our grandson.

13 people in 1 cabin!  OYE VEI!  Plus, Friday night, Barb, my friend from Pinyon, stopped by with her boyfriend and they stayed for cheese fondue and dessert!

I think I need to go to school to get some rest.

While I clearly adore my family, this was OVERLOAD for me.  I'm like Al, over at Travel with the Bayfield Bunch.  I love my "alone" time.  I got NONE this weekend.  In fact, I only took a few photos and that was Sunday morning, when I went out for 2 hours in the car BY MYSELF.  The rest of the time, I got stuck babysitting either the 2 year old, or the neighbor's 6 month old baby boy, or the 5 month old granddaughter.  Not my idea of a relaxing weekend.

I DID get in a short early morning walk Sunday morning and we did see a bobcat stop by the front porch then also.  I opened the curtains in the kitchen and there he was, on the porch!  Our daughter had her iPhone with her, and she snapped some photos of it, as it made its way up the creek.  The cabin is right next to a creek, thus providing shelter and water for the bobcat.  We heard later that there are 3 of them in the area, and cats are disappearing at an alarming rate.  In fact, the neighbor who went with us, says he heard a gunshot early Monday morning...sigh...

Anyway, while it was a great weekend, I'm tired.  Next time, hubby and I will book a cabin just for the two of us.

From the left:  our son-in-law, our granddaughter, our daughter, the neighbor and his 6 month old son, me (with my hair in a topknot), our daughter-in-law

front row:  our son and his daughter and our grandson, hubby, and my 3rd cousin (from Alaska).  I'm not sure where his dad was when the photo was snapped...All of us outside the cabin, on the porch where the bobcat was early Sunday morning.

1 comment:

  1. Exhausting but brief and nice to spend time with family, especially in such a gorgeous location. Plus seeing a bobcat is way cool.

    ReplyDelete