COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Thursday, May 14, 2015

Strong mothers and strong daughters

It takes a strong woman to raise a strong daughter.  Believe me!  My daughter (first born) was extremely strong willed.  At times I simply threw up my hands.  And, now she has an extremely strong willed daughter.

Was I strong willed?  I'm not sure.  I was an only child.  My dad stuttered badly and he didn't ever want children, but, at age 42, I came along.  My mother was 34.  I don't think I was as strong willed as some other females in my family (namely my aunt), but I wasn't a pushover, either.  Once in college, my strong-willedness came out.  I simply wasn't going to be bossed around by ANYBODY, male or female.  I developed a sharp tongue and a glare that could melt glaciers.  In fact, my husband said it was my personality that appealed to him (and, believe me, HE is strong-willed).

So, I was interested to see this posted on Facebook by our daughter yesterday:

http://advice.littlethings.com/mother-daughter-advice/?utm_source=bmy&utm_medium=Facebook&utm_campaign=misc

I REALLY like #7:  "Don't be afraid to be alone."  I LOVE my "alone" time.  I NEED IT.  I look forward to it.  I CRAVE it!

Interesting, eh?  I sit back now and laugh at our daughter with her VERY strong-willed 2 year old!  Chuckle, chuckle...:-)

 4 generations of my female DNA line.  My mother is the one in front, with her hand over her eye.  My grandmother is to her left and my great-grandmother is to her right (behind her).  My great-great-grandmother is in the back, with the dark glasses.
 That's me and my horse, Beauty.  Beauty died tragically in 2009.  My cousin trained her for me and I nearly didn't get her back!
 That's me and my cousin, Valerie.  Valerie and I are 2nd cousins on TWO of my dad's lines.  Her grandmother and mine were half sisters, PLUS, she has another family line in there, too.
This is the newest strong female in our family!  She's only 2, but she sure can demand to get her way!!!

Do you have a strong female in your family?

2 comments: