COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Saturday, May 16, 2015

We got RAIN and our mountains got SNOW!

By Thursday afternoon, a storm front was moving in.  It was gusty and the temps dropped.  Friday morning was cloudy and I dreaded going to school in case "inclement weather" was called (that means we have to pick up the kids from recess and put up with them in our rooms!)  And, indeed, it was sprinkling by the time I arrived at school (NEVER a good thing!).  We were ordered to open up our rooms early.  Recess was iffy, but it wasn't raining, so OUT the kids went!  By the end of our recess, "inclement weather" was called and that meant no more recesses.  We were told to "volunteer" and pick up our kids early, but I had to make some photocopies for the afternoon, so when I arrived at my room, THE PRINCIPAL was there, and the kids were playing "Heads Up, Seven Up".  They were absolutely quiet....hmmmm.....why can't they do that for me?  Anyway, I had some science papers for them and they were busy ALL Afternoon.  It was POURING by then!

I drove home and hubby had taken the day off, since he has to work all weekend.  Poor guy.  He's already tired.  I know the feeling!

I'm not sure how much rain we had, but the yard is completely soaked.  That's a good thing!  We NEED this rain!  And, the mountains are covered with fresh snow!  Here are some pics I took yesterday afternoon, while on my drive home.




4 comments:

  1. Beautiful skies, and glad you got some rain. Not sure about the high desert... didn't get to go out there this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank goodness for this rain and snow. What fell Thur and Fri melted today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not to be rude, but I wish you more rain and snow. Poor Calif needs all it can get!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not rude at all. Yes, we NEED the rain!!!

    ReplyDelete