COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Monday, December 7, 2015

Good day to work on the garden

Yesterday was a good day to work on my garden out front.  Yes, it was overcast, but the local nursery was deserted!  Ha, ha!  I almost had the place to myself!   :-)  I try to go there every weekend and see what new plants they got during the week.  They had yellow daisies in 3" containers, so I bought two because one of my daisy plants seems to be withering and dying!  OYE!  And, you all know how much I LOVE my daisies!  I bought 3 little blue daisies, 2 petunias, 1 verbena (for the butterflies and hummingbirds), and 1 package of nasturtiums.  I have a couple of them sprouting from last year's crop anyway, so I wanted to fill in the rest of that row with fresh seeds.  So, that kept me and the dog busy for about an hour yesterday afternoon.  Then, back in the house to watch Mr. Holmes.  Great movie!  It's about Sherlock Holmes in his later years.

Now, it's back to school for another week.  No, I didn't make it up to the horses yesterday.  I was busy all day Saturday and yesterday I was just too dang tired to make the drive.  It's a 45 minute drive each way and I would only have had enough energy to throw some pellets at the horses and leave.  Frankly, that isn't worth the gas OR 2-3 hours of my time.  Unfortunately, they will have to wait until next weekend.  I do like to go up, give them an extra feeding, and brush them, but, after running around 6 days, I just didn't have the energy yesterday.  I can't WAIT until I retire!

Take care and have a good week!
~Cheryl Ann~



1 comment:

  1. You are taking some gorgeous photos! I didn't realize your drive was that long each way.

    ReplyDelete