I took is easy Saturday. All I did was run out to Whole Foods to buy half & half (organic, OF COURSE!) and some frozen chicken wings for the damn dog. She LOVES them! And, you should see her coat! She's all shiny! Then, over to Target for some laundry soap (too expensive at Whole Foods), then home. Oh, about noon I ran out for some sandwiches which we ate at 1:30, so we didn't even eat dinner last night. I cleaned out the hummingbird feeders and put in fresh sugar water and that was it. Took a one-hour nap and toddled off to bed at 7:30 p.m. I puttered around on my laptop most of the afternoon and sat and watched the birds outside my office window. Oh, and we got some light RAIN last night!
I'm research my mom's direct female line and I'm back to Nantucket in the 1800's. From there, I have a Polly Turner, but no leads and only a couple of Google results mention her. Well, there were a lot of Scottish ancestors around that time, so I'm okay with that. She married into my Gardner line, which was a family from Nantucket, along with the Coffin, White, Macy, and Folger families. However, some of them left Nantucket to go to North Carolina and join a Quaker group there. I remember my grandmother talking about the Quakers.
Al, I also have an ancestor who was one of the first Mennonite bishops in America, Heinrich Funck (Henry Funk). But that's on my maternal grandfather's side...
NOT my roses! I cannot grow roses. I've tried and tried and tried...these are from our local nursery.
No comments:
Post a Comment