COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Sunday, December 13, 2015

Whitewater Preserve~beautiful day for a drive

After Friday afternoon's horrible windstorm, I was anxious to get out yesterday morning.  On my way home from school, I could see dark patches where snow was coming down.  One patch was on the mountains above the Palm Springs Indian canyons.  Another one was over Joshua Tree National Park.  I mean DARK!

So, we awoke to fresh snow all over our mountains, especially on Mt. San Jacinto and Mt. Gorgonio.

I FINALLY (about 9:30 a.m.) got hubby to get going and we headed over to the Whitewater Preserve.  We hadn't been there since October (I think...) and I was anxious to see the fall colors there.  And, it didn't disappoint us.  However, the wind was blowing and it was quite chilly!  Brrrrrrrr!

 This was the view as soon as I got out of the car.
 Beautiful colors!
 I love the sycamore leaves!
The ranger station...

MORE photos tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment