John wrote an interesting post: http://hwyfly.blogspot.com/2015/12/the-germiest-public-places.html?showComment=1450270644965#c5556054598216152805 about germs in public places.
I know he travels a lot and hubby and I like to drive up into the Sierra Nevada and other locations out here in the West and that DOES bring up some interesting issues.
We traveled through New Mexico near Santa Fe and Taos this past summer. Doesn't NM have RESTROOMS for tourists? My gosh...I think I only saw one set of them and it wasn't near a picnic spot. I had to hold it ALL DAY, and at my age (nearly 64)...that's HARD! Jeez...I'm going to think twice about returning to New Mexico! :-(
And, yes, I make and take my own do-it-yourself hand wipes. Take paper towels (the ones you can tear off in the smaller pieces), and cut those in half. I save my old Lysol and Clorox wipes bottles. I add vinegar, tea tree oil, lemon oil, even some grapefruit (if I feel giddy), and some glycerine (to soften the mixture). Soak the paper towels in the mixture and then put them in the used Lysol bottle and add enough water to cover. I shake it every now and then to make sure they don't dry out. Don't let these sit too long, however. I forgot I made one batch and found them a year later...EEWWwwww! Out they went.
Look, I'm SURROUNDED by 24 germ factories (my students)! I have a "cleanup crew" that stays after school for about 5 minutes every day and we wipe down all the desks. Sometimes, if I know kids are sick, I'll completely spray the room with my homemade disinfectant. I just add essential oils (lemon, peppermint, lavender, tea tree...whatever I have) to water and spray desks, chairs, the sink, and the doorknobs. I really DO NOT want to get bronchitis again this year. Two years ago I had it basically ALL YEAR! Last year, I was out several days in December, then again in February, and again in April. No wonder I have ZERO sick days left! Yes, I'm paranoid about germs. My students travel to Mexico for winter break and come back sick. Their parents send them to school for BABYSITTING! (...pulling out hair...) This year, I have 10.5 hours of sick leave left. That's 1.5 days. Do YOU think I'll make it to June on 1 1/2 days sick leave? I doubt it...
You can make your own DIY disinfectant wipes and/or room spray. I just googled it and read the recipes. I DO have a lot of essential oils on hand because our daughter is a representative for DoTerra. However, I buy a LOT of my own oils from Rocky Mountain oils. Here's their link: http://www.rockymountainoils.com/?gclid=CIvN07C54MkCFUiFfgodg1oAOw
If you have any questions, or you would like me to share any recipes, I would be happy to do so. I do believe that making your own wipes and sprays does save money and is safer for you and your family.
Now, go out and enjoy your day!
~Cheryl Ann~
No comments:
Post a Comment