COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Los Angeles in the clouds

My mom and aunt both taught in Los Angeles.  My mom was over by Second Street Elementary School for years, and then moved to another site.  My aunt taught over by Boyle Heights.  As a kid, I spend a lot of time in Los Angeles.  My dad worked downtown off Spring Street.

However, it has been a while since I was back in LA.  And, you know, I missed it.  I got to see Parker Center, the train depot, and the homeless camp near Grand Street yesterday.  We took our grandson with our daughter and little granddaughter to the natural history museum.  Ben, the nearly 7 year old, had a LOT of questions at the museum and he was busy actually READING the signs!  Of course, he wants to be a scientist.  We didn't get to the space museum next door, and that will be another trip.  But, we arrived at the natural history museum early.

I was busy in the back seat of the car TRYING to get photos of the clouds hanging on the tops of the skyscrapers, but I had to shoot over a 2 year old and away from the pull-down window shade, so it was very difficult!

As much as I LOVE the outdoors, it was good to visit LA again...

Sorry for the poor quality of these photos...it was VERY dark (sprinkling) and it was hard to focus and shoot through the windows!





No comments:

Post a Comment