We are having another night of wind as yet another storm moves in. I awoke at 3:30 this morning to a howling wind. Over winter break, I'm going to have to trim the palo verde, which is hanging over the kitchen roof. I could hear its branches dragging along the roof tiles.
Anyway, here are some more photos from the Whitewater Preserve. If you are traveling Interstate 10, just get off at the Whitewater exit, and continue north until you run into the preserve. There are houses along the way, but the road is safe, UNLESS it has rained heavily or there is runoff. Then, sometimes the road is unpassable, but that's just over the spot where the river runs over the road! HA!~ There will be a "CLOSED" sign at the bottom of the road, so you will know.
I love all the ponds there!
You can go inside the ranger station and get information and see all their photos.
Lots of picnic areas.
Interesting how there are palm trees among the cottonwoods and sycamores! A little microclimate!
Hi Cheryl,... love the photos and i'll have to go see that preserve soon.
ReplyDeleteI answered you on a post where you first asked about the star background but since u asked again, then u didn't see it so I thought I'd come here and explain it.
I got the background right here at blogger. It's one of the options when you create your blog to change the background. Are you familiar with changing up the look of your blogs. If so, there you will find it - I'm not sure what "category" it is in but I will check on my own and then let you know.