COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Saturday, February 11, 2017

A couple of updates

We're NOT going to the Sierra (Bishop, CA)...the area would have been between storms the days we had planned on going, but now the forecast has moved the storm ahead a day and we don't wish to be caught in snow and ice.  I'm a native Californian who has only once driven through snow (up in Idyllwild) and hubby would have to do it (remember, HE is from Pennsylvania) and he's just not up to it anymore.

So, we cancelled our reservation.  We might go up there in March or April instead.

Second, my garden is THRIVING!  I had put some compost in a bucket out back.  Then we had 2 rain storms (almost 2" of rain here in the desert).  When I remembered to look in the bucket, it was FULL of water!  So, I poured the water over my vegetables and I swear  (I'm NOT kidding!) they doubled in size overnight!  AWESOME!  I'm going to run out this morning and take photos and I'll add them to this post.  "compost tea!"

Other than that, not much going on.  I did open an ETSY shop and it has taken me ALL WEEK just to get this much done!  We probably have (like Al)...over 5,000 photos over the years (I think our earliest digital ones were back in 2006)...I have to go through each file, look at the photos, and see how big they are.  Some of my earlier cameras didn't have big files, but I can still make prints off those photos.  It's just that they aren't very exciting!

Anyway, PLEASE do stop by and take a look around my ETSY shop!  I NEED VISITORS!  (and I haven't sold anything yet...sigh...). My prices are very reasonable!

I'm going up to the horses Monday and taking one of my retired teacher friends with me.  Oh, and her 28 year old daughter wants to come meet the horses, so she will also come!  That should be a fun afternoon!  We are doing it Monday because they, too, will be in between storms!  OY!

Thanks for visiting my store!  I really do appreciate it!  Here is the link:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=search_shop_redirect

~Cheryl Ann~
Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment