Well, we didn't go up to Oak Glen. I was just too tired. I admit it.
However, last night I got GOOD NEWS from my doctor! Hubby and I had our blood work done last week (I fasted from carbs for 2 days this time!) and my TOTAL CHOLESTEROL is EXCELLENT! Triglycerides, HDL, LDL are all low! And, what's really STRANGE is that I eat 2 pieces of toast every morning with ... HORRORS... BUTTER! However, it is ORGANIC butter. I really think that makes a difference! And, my glucose was.....(...drum roll...) 101! Last time I went in, it was 119. Ugh. I am really trying to watch the amount of sugar I eat. (My aunt on my father's side died of diabetes at age 52 and I also have it on my mom's side)... So, that's GOOD NEWS! I'm also drinking a lot of organic tea (Clark's or Whole Foods or Sprouts) daily, so maybe it is flushing out my body?
BUT...I digress...
Wednesday and Thursday we had to babysit the nearly 10-month old. He is crawling EVERYWHERE and getting into EVERYTHING! He's very active. Fortunately, however, he still takes 2 naps every day! However, I didn't completely understand his schedule Wednesday and I forgot to feed him at 8 a.m. and give him a bottle at 11:00 a.m., so he was "off schedule" that day and CRANKY! I thought his 8 am schedule was done by... HIS PARENTS (silly me!)...they fed him at 6 a.m. so no wonder he was cranky and SCREAMING! By yesterday I had it FULLY EXPLAINED to me! Phew!
I think he is giving me an "F" in babysitting!!!! He sure had fun crawling ALL OVER grandpa!
I had a "Raising Arizona" minute, however, yesterday. Our daughter's house has a metal screen on the front door and I've always had trouble closing it. So, GUESS WHO crawled DOWN the hallway, pushed on the door, OPENED the screen, and was sitting on the front step when I looked for him? YUP! You've never seen me move so fast! I ran out and grabbed him off the front porch! I didn't even know I could run that fast! I also screamed and woke up Grandpa! Phew! I think I got 20,000 new gray hairs that moment! Little BUGGER!!!!
Today I'm meeting our daughter and granddaughter and we are all going to the library! Tomorrow we are expecting rain, so I'll run out this afternoon and plant some of my sunflower seeds. They will love the rain!
Cheers! Have a good weekend. Daughter gets a 4 day weekend, so she's happy!
~Cheryl Ann~

He could be the new Gerber Baby poster child with all that cuteness
ReplyDelete