COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Monday, February 13, 2017

Heading up to the horses today!

Today I'm heading up to the horses for a visit.  FINALLY!  I've only been able to visit them once a month for the past several months due to all the snow and rain!  Can't very well do anything with them on a rainy day!  However, today is sunny and bright!  BUT...2 new storms are heading toward Southern California by the end of the week and then next week, too...sigh...

I'm taking one of my retired teacher friends and her daughter with me today.  They want to meet & greet the horses!  So, off we will go!

My garden continues to grow and thrive.  It's AMAZING what horse manure and compost will do!

 Cabbages are healthy and THRIVING!!!!!

More cabbages, cauliflower, and chard!  ALL HEALTHY!  No critters!

I don't see any more "eaten" leaves on my cabbages, so I do believe the "critters" are gone.  Also, the 3 little cabbages which were nearly eaten have come back and are growing nicely.  I'm so thankful and happy to have a garden this year!  I go out every morning and inspect it.  I'll pick up some more HORSE MANURE from the ranch today and bring it back down.  My tomatoes are doing nicely, too!  Some already have blossoms on them.  I'm wondering whether or not I should pinch those back?  Any advice?  It's still too early, don't you think?

~Cheryl Ann~

2 comments:

  1. Glad you're off to see your horses. Bet they miss you when you're gone so much in the winter. Terrible to have bad weather in Southern California. Hope it doesn't get to Joshua Tree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure your horses will be happy to see you. Good to see your garden thriving.

    ReplyDelete