COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Saturday, February 4, 2017

Where shall we go? SIERRA NEVADA!

We've been at home now since October, 2016 and haven't taken a trip since then.  Frankly, I'm still paying off that one!

However, hubby has had his eye on the webcams up at Mammoth and June Lake and so we are in the planning stages for a future trip to the eastern Sierra!  WHOOPIE!  With the snow levels there the highest in 22 years, I'm excited!  Not sure yet when it will be, however...he's just at the "looking" stage.  That will mean days and days of comparing hotels, AB&B's, and other housing options.

He DID find a nice place down in Julian for another trip.  I'm going to have to squeeze, scrimp, and save my pennies to afford two trips, however, now that I'm retired!

I expect we'll take a run over to Julian before too long to check out the house there...I see a ROAD TRIP in the future!

Take care.
Cheryl Ann


3 comments:

  1. sierra Nevada is in Spain or do you have one in US?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was in Julian yesterday and took the trip to the metal sculpture sales lot. Thanks for the tip and directions. Mr. Breceda, himself was there and I got a pic of him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sierra Nevada is the range of mountains in central California. It extends from... Lone Pine to Bridgeport. Yosemite is there, also Bishop, Big Pine, Lone Pine, and Mammoth. It is where California receives a LOT of its snowpack. Los Angeles gets its water from the lakes up there, but that's a WHOLE other can of worms!

    ReplyDelete