I did drive up to the horses Monday. Hubby wanted me home RIGHT AWAY, so I basically unloaded 2 bags of pellets and threw them at them and then hustled back into my car...sigh...I was hoping to return Thursday, but that won't happen.
After I got home, I had to mail out a book I sold on Amazon, so, as I was driving back from the post office, I heard a "thump, thump, thump". Upon returning home, I looked at the two tires on the driver's side, since that's where I heard the sound. Yup. My back left side tire was... NEARLY FLAT! I'm surprised I got down the mountain on it.
And, since I knew I had to pick up the grandkids Wednesday, There was NO WAY I was going to let this go...
So, yesterday I set out to go to my favorite car shop (they could fix the tire, too) for an oil change, but...IT WAS FLAT! So, after a call to AAA, I set out for the shop. They did the oil change and had to fill up the tire 2x! The manager filled it up right before I left and told me to drive it STRAIGHT to the tire store (it had a hole/slash on the whitewall and couldn't be repaired), so off I went to the tire shop (praying that I would make it there...)
And, OF COURSE, they don't stock that tire anymore! NOPE! Now, those tires were barely 2 years old, so I asked them to look up my purchase and indeed, it was still under warranty! However, I DID have to buy a new one (and they provided another one under the warranty), so now I have 2 Goodyear tires on front and the 2 Pirelli ones on the back...I only had to pay for the one, however, and THAT was $175.00!!!!!
But, my car rides so much better now...HOWEVER...I do need new back brakes!
However, hubby surprised me with a candle on a chocolate brownie with frosting, ice cream, and raspberries after dinner! Ahhhhhhh!!!! :-)
Then, our daughter texted hubby and asked if we could babysit the little man (9 months old) for 2 days! He has a fever and can't go to daycare! So, we are babysitting. Good thing hubby is here to help me entertain the little guy! He can sure MOVE (crawl)...and he gets into absolutely EVERYTHING!!! Fortunately he is down for his afternoon nap and I can now eat my lunch! I put him in the stroller and took him for a walk and then let him crawl all over the back porch (his mother is going to KILL ME because his jammies are FILTHY!)...but the outside air wore him out and he is... ASLEEP! :-)
Little man! He now has 2 teeth on the bottom (this is from January)...
\

No comments:
Post a Comment