I now run out every afternoon to take photos of my garden, especially the cosmos. A hummingbird has taken up residence out front and he's busy chasing off his competitors. I see one of them (or him?) visiting the zinnias, as well as the cosmos. I actually saw one bird alight in the birdbath yesterday afternoon, but they also have two other water sources in the front yard. Two blackbirds were taking a bath in one and were quite enthusiastic about it and then I have a bowl of water with a branch over it right out in the middle of the yard and the sparrows and finches line up on the branch awaiting a drink. I counted 6 birds waiting yesterday afternoon! I'm delighted with the progress of my garden and I think I'll buy a pound of seed in August for some fall color. Today's Flowers for Sunday, June 9, 2013. And, yes, in this horrible heat which we've been having lately, I water them twice a day. (It was 109 here on Friday.) To visit Today's Flowers, please go to: http://flowersfromtoday.blogspot.com/
Cosmos are kool flowers. I use to leave the flower seed heads mature and watch all the tiny finches and other seed eating birds land on one and feed upside down from the weight of their tiny little bodies. They were so cute and a big reason a garden was always started in the first place.
ReplyDeleteYes, the birds seem to like them...also the zinnias. I'm going to order a pound of this wildflower mixture for planting in August. I only ordered 1/4 pound last spring.
ReplyDeleteVery artistic photos, and beautiful cosmos. You have a lot of activity around them with the birds, that's great. Thank you so much for sharing these with Today's Flowers and have a great week :)
ReplyDeleteDenise
Today’s Flowers
An English Girl Rambles
It sure did get hot in a hurry! Very nice photos, I LOVE the last one!
ReplyDelete