COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Friday, June 28, 2013

Lily~Light and Dark Contrasts for My Town Shoot Out~062613

The lillies are blooming up at the horse ranch where I board my herd and I really liked this one last Tuesday when I stopped by during their weekly lesson.  I like its bright yellow contrasting with the dark background, which is really the grass behind it.  My Town Shoot Out for July 26, 2013.  It's supposed to be 111 here today in the desert...ugh...summer is HERE!  To visit My Town Shoot Out, please go to:   http://mytownshootout.blogspot.com/

6 comments:

  1. I remember doing much of my Auto-restoration work over at Simon Motors in Summertime back in the early 1980s when Simon Motors was the only thing around that corner and it was 110 - 120. I use to get there and start some of my work at 4:00 in the morning. Is the place still called Simon Motors ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a Simon Motors now down in La Quinta. The old one, in Palm Springs, is gone...sigh...a sign of the times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It works for me. Love your lily.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes this is lovely. Well done. Jama has a candle with black background - this type of photo is startling in its simplicity and beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very beautiful shot and fit perfectly in our theme this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty flower and nice photo of it. I just heard on the weather that they are predicting 120 for you tomorrow. That is blazing hot!

    ReplyDelete