COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Tuesday, December 2, 2014

From the desert to the mountains

Living where we do (at the base of the Santa Rosa mountains) here in Palm Desert, it is an easy drive up into our local mountains.  I love driving up into them and stopping to breathe in the air, listen to the scrub jays chatter, and just let the mountains envelop me.  I find this to be very destressing, also.

I go from the Coachella Valley floor to the pinyon forest in about 10 minutes.  It's another 20 minutes up to Garner Valley and the Ponderosa pines.  It's another 15 minutes to Lake Hemet.  I find the driving relaxing the entire time.

I've taken so many photos of this land the last 6 years and Sunday, when the clouds were spilling over the mountains, off I went!  These photos show the pinyon forest area.

 Clouds spilling over the Santa Rosa mountains.

 Pinyon forest area.
 A view (or not)... of the San Jacinto mountains above Palm Springs, CA.
I love how the clouds move through the trees at the top of the mountains.

No comments:

Post a Comment