COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Thursday, December 18, 2014

photo update

Okay, so apparently it doesn't bother some people that their photos are on Google images.  Ok.  I get that.  It DOES bother me, however, that photos of my granddaughter are posted there, so over winter break I'm going to do some culling of my posts here and delete those with family photos.  I really don't want them shared with the entire world.

As to my own photos, they are pretty crappy anyway, so why should I care?

It just bothers me that ANOTHER huge corporation is trampling individual rights.  I don't have time to read their 100+ page document on Google terms.  I've deleted this blog from search engines and I guess from now on, I'll have to watermark every photo, which seems like a huge waste of time.

I was hoping to one day (after I retire) put together a book about Deep Canyon.  There is so little information about it, I was hoping that somebody would be interested.

Cheryl Ann

4 comments:

  1. Okay, so now I have removed this blog from search engine searches. It will ONLY be seen by those who already visit it...i.e. no new visitors from search engines.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe my photos are so crappy that nobody wants them anyway?
    Cheryl Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. I for one, think your photos are VERY good ... it takes a good eye to catch some of the scenes I've seen on your blog. I am careful about putting pics of children up, but really am not worried about anyone "using" the others. Yes, anyone who does a Google search can see them, but if your pixel count is very low, they aren't useable for anything. I did read something about being able to disable the "right-click" feature (which is what allows them to be copied). You might want to check into that. Also, I don't know what program you use to edit, but I can set my software program to automatically add a watermark. Less trouble that way. Also, I only watermark the REALLY good pics. Hope this helps!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No Cheryl Ann your photos are not crappy. Far from it. Looks to me photos on Google Images are not chosen for their artistical merit nor their photography prowess & I'm sure you have noticed that while browsing through the photos. There is some pretty poor quality stuff on there only a machine bot could have chosen. I do have a watermark on all my photos at the bottom right but it only serves to identify who took the photo. Doesn't protect me from anything. I think somebody in my comments section had a good idea about switching to Wordpress. Apparently they are better at protecting privacy issues. Privacy is a very individual thing & seems to vary from person to person. I do understand people not wanting their photos published on the internet & how disturbing it is to them when they are. I've just never been much of a privacy guy which is obvious from my all to revealing blogs much of the time. We are all different & I guess that is just part of what makes us, us. You have a lot of great photos & I urge you to keep up the good work:))

    ReplyDelete