Why would 14 of my blog photographs be on Google images when I have COPYSCAPE and it CLEARLY says on my blog, "Do NOT copy"...? I was horrified to see them there this morning. They were used WITHOUT my permission, written or otherwise! :-(
I have now added a paragraph about copyright. Does anybody use something similar? Obviously COPYSCAPE doesn't work...
By the way, I found this on a blog:
"You are violating copyright if you have not gotten express PERMISSION from the copyright holder OR are using pics that are public domain, creative commons, etc."
Has any other blogger had this problem?????
I never looked to see if any of my pix are out there...perhaps I should. But even though you have a copyright, and someone used them, then what?...:)JP
ReplyDeleteI just look quickly...some of the pix my my home in VA are out there...LOL!!!
ReplyDeleteI found that out when I realized that my pictures of my ancestors winded up on Google Images and it infuriates me. I thus went to a private blog for them. The only way to keep private on the internet is to never use it. And that's frustrating.
ReplyDeleteIf any of my photos are out there I wouldn't know where to look for them but I would certainly be curious to know if they are. I do get requests from folks to occasionally use my photos. Couple weeks ago a lady asked permission to use one of my photos for a book project. I always give permission but at least people have asked first. Would probably make me mad too if I found my photos being used for whatever reason & I didn't know about it.
ReplyDeleteJust type a phrase into Google Images and see if any of your photos come up. I was HORRIFIED to find 14 of mine there just from typing Deep Canyon!!! They were used WITHOUT my permission.
ReplyDelete