Bighorn sheep herd 05/26/14

Bighorn sheep herd 05/26/14
There were about a dozen bighorn sheep this date 052614 up on Highway 74, above Palm Desert, CA, and right above Deep Canyon.

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

"E" is for eagle~ABC Wednesday 081810






No, this isn't a real eagle. It is a sculpture of one up at the Living Desert Reserve, in Palm Desert. This sculpture is right outside the North American animal exhibit. They do have a female golden eagle on exhibit, but she is behind wires and it was just too dark that morning to be able to take photos of her. If you click on the photos to enlarge them, you can see the talons. I saw a wild eagle ONCE up in our local mountains where I board my horses. It was on a sign and flew off just as I drove by. Apparently there is a pair of them up there, but that was the only time I've seen one of them. I always look for them, but so far, I haven't seen one of them again. ABC Wednesday for August 18, 2010. For other participants, please visit: http://abcwednesdayround3.blogspot.com/

7 comments:

  1. The eagle sculpture is magnificent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful! I love Eagles and in Aspen, Co. they have a nature center with a female golden eagle who's being rehabilitated. Thank you for this lovely post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. powerful images,
    eagle is cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. almost as impressive as the real thing.

    ROG, ABC Wednesday team

    ReplyDelete
  5. Each time I see an eagle, until I get my camera ready, they have long flown away. Cars can be driving over the bridge where I often see them, but if we stop the car, off they fly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an elegant eagle sculpture,DC! Were you aware of the eagle cam this spring from Virginia? here is the site for information: http://www.wvec.com/marketplace/microsite-content/eagle-cam.html
    Thank you for a wonderful contribution to ABC Wednesday.
    HelenMac, ABC team

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are beautiful sculptures. So majestic. Nice choice for ABC "E"

    ReplyDelete