The Dancer

The Dancer
Graceful dead tree up above Deep Canyon.

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Scenes from Deep Canyon "D"~ABC Wednesday and Outdoor Wednesday 081110







My friend Barb invited me over one Sunday afternoon to her place, which is at the edge of Deep Canyon. We walked through the wash and the late afternoon shadows played upon the rocks. She told me that this was the route the ancient Cahuilla Indians took from La Quinta to their Santa Rosa mountain summer camp. I enjoyed visiting this section of Deep Canyon. "D" for ABC Wednesday, August 11, 2010. For other participants, please visit: http://abcwednesdayround3.blogspot.com/



15 comments:

  1. Fantastic. Don't see too many blogger photos of desert landscapes and they have a special primitive appeal I really love..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. That is a deep canyon. What amazing images. Nature astounds me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful shots, Cheryl. You could also call the wash "D" for Dead Indian Creek as history knows it. Apparently now it has been politically correctly re-named Indian Creek.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seeing these photos make me wonder what birds live in your Deep Canyon! I hope your blog goes well. I am so flattered to know that I inspired you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There are always wonderful journeys on a Wednesday! Thanks so much for participating,

    Denise
    ABC Team

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very striking location.

    ROG, ABC Wednesday team

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a very beautiful place to take pictures of nature and to admire how beautiful it is. Happy Wednesday!

    ABC Wednesday~D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stark but stunning, great shots for OW.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think the rugged terrain is photogenic. It looks so different from where I live. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. very wonderful phtographs :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. The desert is delightful at times, isn't it? Thanks for participating.

    Donna - ABC Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  12. The desert valleys and cliffs have always been full of mystery and enjoyment for me. Good D post!

    ReplyDelete
  13. As a Native Californian I thought I knew the place, but this is a new name to me. Great pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It looks like a challenging walk. I wonder why the area is so denuded of trees? Is it high up or does it have constant wind. I like the colours of your images.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very pretty! I love the beauty of the desert.

    ReplyDelete