COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Indian petroglyphs~Sunday stills Challenge080110




These beautiful Indian petroglyphs are in a cave in the Joshua Tree National Park. JTNP is at the opposite side of our Coachella Valley and far away from Deep Canyon. I understand that there are some petroglyphs near Deep Canyon, but I haven't found them yet. Apparently there ARE some archaeological sites in the canyon and I will have to research this further, but access will be difficult. But, you can see these in Joshua Tree National Park, near the Barker Dam turnout. I always enjoy viewing petroglyphs and I hope to learn more about them. Sunday Stills Challenge for August 1, 2010.

3 comments:

  1. Prehistoric indians were the first taggers, well done..:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! great shot, especially the 1st one, well done

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it when people that blog are somewhat within driving distance to me and I hear of new places to walk or hike. Great post and will be looking into this place in the fall, for some hiking.

    ReplyDelete