Bighorn sheep herd 05/26/14

Bighorn sheep herd 05/26/14
There were about a dozen bighorn sheep this date 052614 up on Highway 74, above Palm Desert, CA, and right above Deep Canyon.

Friday, August 13, 2010

Quail family~Living Desert Reserve 081310




I was meeting a friend at 8:30 yesterday morning, so I decided to make a short visit at the Living Desert Reserve while the light was good. I got there about 7:45 (they open to members at 7:00 a.m.) and off I went! I heard quite a few quail and I spotted this quail family and their "teenage" youngsters off one of the maintenance roads. It was interesting to watch the family interactions. Dad crossed the road first, then the teenagers (they weren't quite fully grown) and then mom. The younger ones hesitated at first, then dashed across the dirt road. I followed them up further, up to a concrete walkway, but it was still too dark for decent photos. I hope to return this morning and see if they are out and about!

1 comment:

  1. I like this..intriguing little creatures aren't they?

    ReplyDelete