Bighorn sheep on Highway 74 October 2014

Bighorn sheep on Highway 74 October 2014
This big guy crossed the highway, October 2014.

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Palm tree and clouds~Looking at the Sky on Friday 082710


I took this photo Tuesday afternoon this week. This was the first day that monsoon clouds entered the Coachella Valley. The entire valley was enclosed by clouds Wednesday and it rained up in the mountains, by Deep Canyon. I hear that they got a good soaking! Today the thunderheads were back and there was hail in Warner Springs, which is behind Deep Canyon. Unfortunately, several lightning fires were started also, including one in Joshua Tree National Park, which I spotted burning on my way home from school this afternoon. I stopped at our son's house for dinner and when I left at dusk, that fire was burning so quickly that the flames could be seen coming over the ridges. This is monsoon month here in the desert and more thunderstorms are forecast for tomorrow afternoon. I do not know what they will bring, but I'm taking my camera with me to school tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. I have always been fascinated with palm trees. They are so beautiful! The backdrop of the deep blue sky is awesome. Thanks so much for sharing. Happy Friday!

    -Tisha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very well taken. Love how blue is the sky and the palm just right below. Awesome shot!
    Reddish cloud

    ReplyDelete