We don't often get gorgeous sunsets here in the low desert because we often don't have clouds in the afternoon, but on this afternoon, we did. I went outside with my camera to record them. They were moving quickly at the high altitude and when I snapped this photo, POOF! In a very few minutes, they were gone. I took this right outside my house, at the base of Deep Canyon. SkyWatch Friday for May 5, 2011. To see other skies, please go to: http://skyley.blogspot.com/
I dedicate this blog to my father, who first put a camera in my hands when I was 12 and who took me to many of the places that I love today.
COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.
Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more
Thursday, May 5, 2011
Angry clouds~SkyWatch Friday~050511
We don't often get gorgeous sunsets here in the low desert because we often don't have clouds in the afternoon, but on this afternoon, we did. I went outside with my camera to record them. They were moving quickly at the high altitude and when I snapped this photo, POOF! In a very few minutes, they were gone. I took this right outside my house, at the base of Deep Canyon. SkyWatch Friday for May 5, 2011. To see other skies, please go to: http://skyley.blogspot.com/
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Very pretty!!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful sky!
ReplyDeleteNice show even if brief.
ReplyDeleteWow these is an amazing sky!! Love the color!
ReplyDeleteSky Watch
One does have to be "quick"-the beauty is "here and gone" just like that. Beautiful sky for sure! Mickie :)
ReplyDeletePretty shot!
ReplyDeleteWould you mind visiting and commenting on my Sky Watch post? Big thanks!
Terrific colurs in this shot.
ReplyDeleteSydney - City and Suburbs
A lucky capture of a gorgeous sky.
ReplyDeleteGorgeous red skies!
ReplyDeletehttp://fredamans.blogspot.com/2011/05/sky-friday.html
Beautiful clouds! Great picture! :)
ReplyDeleteGlad you were fast enough to capture this lovely sight. I love your header.
ReplyDeleteYou have given us another of your gorgeous western skies this week. I agree with you that there is some anger up there. So glad you had your camera close by. Awesome.
ReplyDelete