The Dancer

The Dancer
Graceful dead tree up above Deep Canyon.

Monday, May 30, 2011

Superstition Mountains~That's My World~053111

We live with a view of Mt. San Jacinto, the Santa Rosa mountains, Mt. San Gorgornio, and our valley is surrounded by mountains. So, we are fascinated by them. As you know, I frequently drive from the desert floor (200 feet above sea level) to a spot in our local Santa Rosa mountains where I board my horses at 4,000 feet. So, we LOVE mountains and love exploring them. Saturday we stopped by the Superstition Mountains in Arizona. However, hubby was cranky and tired and didn't wish to hike the trails here, so instead, we ate a couple of sandwiches from AJ's in Scottsdale and listened to the sounds of the desert around us. A curious cactus wren came by to see what we were doing and many morning doves flew by. I can't wait to return to this area in August. Yes, it will be hot...that's why desert dwellers go outdoors in the early morning! That's My World for Tuesday, May 31, 2011. To see other participants, please visit: http://showyourworld.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

  1. My friend hikes in the Superstitions. She can see them from Rio Verde where she lives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful rocks and what a big cactus! A great place to visit I can see :)

    ReplyDelete