Bighorn sheep on Highway 74 October 2014

Bighorn sheep on Highway 74 October 2014
This big guy crossed the highway, October 2014.

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Hollyhocks~Today's Flowers~051511




These gorgeous hollyhocks are at the community gardens across from Joe's Farm Grill in Gilbert, Arizona. I wandered over to take a look at the gardens while hubby stood in line yesterday and ordered our lunch. Aren't they beautiful? Hmmm....I'm going to have to look at mine, which aren't as tall or colorful! Maybe all the mulch helped these? And, I'm pretty sure they fertilized them. I've got some work to do in my garden, that's for SURE! Today's Flowers for May 15, 2011. To view other participants, please go to: http://flowersfromtoday.blogspot.com/

10 comments:

  1. These are beautiful. Great captures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They remind me of my childhood. My mother grew them and I would pick the blossoms and make little ballerinas out of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the petals look delicate...lovely textures, too.

    Live in the Moment

    ReplyDelete
  4. These remind me so much of my mother's garden when I was a little thing. She had an "old fashioned" perennial garden with hollyhocks, columbine, etc. These are so beautiful!!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely shots!
    My Dad loved hollyhocks. I haven't seen any in a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful post!
    Thanks for sharing.
    I would like you to become a Guest Friend in TODAYS FLOWERS.
    If you agree send me pictures so I tell your Guest Friend date.

    Thanks

    Luiz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow these pics are so lush and splendid! Thanks for providing some visual relief over here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So lovely, each blossom makes me think of a tiny ballerina.

    ReplyDelete