Bighorn sheep on Highway 74 October 2014

Bighorn sheep on Highway 74 October 2014
This big guy crossed the highway, October 2014.

Monday, May 30, 2011

Salt River INNER TUBING





Further down the Salt River, near Saguaro Lake, is an area of the river good for renting an inner tube. Hubby and I drove along the road there yesterday and BOY, was it crowded! I guess this is where people who live in Phoenix go for their holiday weekends! Hubby and I parked the car and were busy taking photos of the shadows on the mountains when we heard voices. We followed the voices to the edge of a cliff and looked down and there were about 10 INNER TUBES tied together floating down the river. Those folks were having a GOOD TIME! Unfortunately, they hit a very small rapids and WHOOSH! They all came apart...hehehehe! This portion of the Salt River is very calm and broad, unlike the canyon in yesterday's post. In fact, another blogger mentioned that she went tubing here a couple of years ago in August and it was delightful! I stand corrected. Apparently these were inner tubes, NOT rafts...

3 comments:

  1. Such pretty scenery!! And, what fun river rafting is--just quietly floating down the river or hanging on for "dear life" as you bounce all over the river- both are great. Mickie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have captured this landscape so beautifully!
    Thank you so much for your kind words about my impending (current!!) separation anxiety. I had the same experience as you did when my son went to a community college only 20 miles away. It truly felt like my heart was being ripped out of my chest. Hopefully having been through it once might make this a bit easier(?), but somehow, I don't see that! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. rapids = raft
    no rapids = inner tube
    Either way is great fun!

    ReplyDelete