The Dancer

The Dancer
Graceful dead tree up above Deep Canyon.

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Deep Canyon rocks~SOOC Sunday~May 22, 2011


It had been three weeks since I drove up the mountain road next to Deep Canyon yesterday. I headed up to visit my horses and check on them. They are all fine and busy shedding their winter coats! Along the way, I took my camera and tripod with me and climbed up near my favorite spot along the canyon. It was a beautiful morning, with a slight breeze and some whispy clouds. I only shoot on manual now, finally getting the confidence that I so desperately needed. My husband showed me how to adjust my manual settings and I really enjoy the challenge of finding the right one. SOOC Sunday for May 22, 2011. To see other SOOC Sunday participants, please go to: http://www.murrieta365.com/

3 comments:

  1. Such beauty in the canyon...thanks for sharing. Your header is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I eventually need to get a "real" SLR digital camera. Every time I see those rocks and plants, I remember the first and only time I drove between Warner Springs and Palm Springs, and we both commented "this looks just like the Sandia foothills".

    You are continually inspiring me to go for more hikes in our similar terrain.

    ReplyDelete