Bighorn sheep on Highway 74 October 2014

Bighorn sheep on Highway 74 October 2014
This big guy crossed the highway, October 2014.

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

40 degrees this morning


Yup.  Last night was definitely colder than the previous one.  I can feel it this morning.  The blue jays were squawking at 5:00 a.m. and the squirrels were out looking for peanuts and food by 5:30 a.m.  Good thing I'm an early riser!  Unfortunately, I've picked up a darn COLD and I feel miserable today...we're supposed to drive out to Bodie state park this afternoon, so I'm hoping to just rest this morning and maybe take a nap. Ahhhh....the joys of vacation!  It sure is nice being out of the 111 degree desert heat, however!  Right now 5 blue jays are out on the porch and 1 squirrel is eating the sunflower seeds I put out!  Here are a couple of scenes from Lake Marie, which is above Mammoth Lakes at over 8,000 feet, yesterday afternoon.  No, I didn't take these...hubby did, with his wide angle lens.  While I LOVE my 55-200 mm zoom, there ARE times when a wide angle captures a scene better, like here.  It should be 36 degrees tomorrow morning up here.  What a relief from the 109 degrees down in the desert!

7 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you're not feeling well today. Remember...vacation...vacation...vacation. Relax a bit and rest. Thanks for sharing the beautiful lake photos. If you go to Bodie, enjoy. We've never been able to get up there, because there's always been too much snow whenever we've been that way. I've never seen Lake Marie, either, so thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now you know what it feels like much of the time around here in summer. Okay, so lately we've had a heat wave and it's been up to 53.

    *smile*

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful pictures! What a stunning landscape

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful pictures! What a stunning landscape

    ReplyDelete
  5. Burrr!!!

    I would love to go to Bodie! Our way to get there though was always up and over Tioga Pass... I loved Stopping at Tenaya Lake....
    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful place to vacation. the mountain and lake scenery is gorgeous. Beautiful photos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll bet those cooler temps feel great after the desert heat. Hope you're feeling better tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete