I dedicate this blog to my father, who first put a camera in my hands when I was 12 and who took me to many of the places that I love today.
COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.
Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more
Tuesday, June 19, 2012
Horseshoe Lake, Mammoth, CA
Horseshoe Lake is an interesting place. First, there's a gate which is sometimes closed. Second, it has signs all around it warning people of a carbon dioxide buildup. Fortunately, today it was windy, so we didn't have to worry about passing out from carbon dioxide poisoning. Phew! The lake itself was extremely low. Hubby wandered off to take photos of the lake, but I was more interested in the trail (the Mammoth Trail) which led up to the Pacific Crest Trail. That whole section was burned out from a fire and it was eerie at sunset. And, yes, this is bear country. I was so busy reading the sign about bear cannisters that I didn't realize hubby was waiting for me at the car! All photos taken at Horseshoe Lake, above Mammoth Lakes, CA.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment