As I headed north on the Pacific Crest Trail, I was amazed to see so many wildflowers. It hasn't been a year of great rainfall, but there were quite a few wildflowers which I never noticed from the road. I was especially captivated by the purple ones. I don't know their name, but I liked their little flower balls. I'm not sure I'll have time this weekend to go back on the trail, so it may be another week before I go back and I don't know if the wildflowers will be there then. I'm hoping to head out Saturday morning, if my energy level permits me. It's the last week of school and I'm just exhausted...sigh...Outdoor Wednesday for June 13, 2012. Even the weeds were interesting (see 2nd from bottom photo)!!! To visit Outdoor Wednesday, please go to: http://asoutherndaydreamer.blogspot.com/ To visit Nature Notes, please go to: http://ramblingwoods.com/
I dedicate this blog to my father, who first put a camera in my hands when I was 12 and who took me to many of the places that I love today.
COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.
Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more
Tuesday, June 12, 2012
Mountain wildflowers Pacific Crest Trail~Outdoor Wednesday and Nature Notes~061312
As I headed north on the Pacific Crest Trail, I was amazed to see so many wildflowers. It hasn't been a year of great rainfall, but there were quite a few wildflowers which I never noticed from the road. I was especially captivated by the purple ones. I don't know their name, but I liked their little flower balls. I'm not sure I'll have time this weekend to go back on the trail, so it may be another week before I go back and I don't know if the wildflowers will be there then. I'm hoping to head out Saturday morning, if my energy level permits me. It's the last week of school and I'm just exhausted...sigh...Outdoor Wednesday for June 13, 2012. Even the weeds were interesting (see 2nd from bottom photo)!!! To visit Outdoor Wednesday, please go to: http://asoutherndaydreamer.blogspot.com/ To visit Nature Notes, please go to: http://ramblingwoods.com/
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
they are so exotic looking!!
ReplyDeleteSoon it will be summer and you can rest up Cheryl Ann..these are beautiful even if we don't know what they are...Thank you for linking up to Nature Notes..Michelle
ReplyDelete