Bighorn sheep on Highway 74 October 2014

Bighorn sheep on Highway 74 October 2014
This big guy crossed the highway, October 2014.

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Mono Craters


We drove up to Bridgeport for sandwiches for lunch and decided to return to the June Lake cabin.  It was extremely windy yesterday and I wasn't feeling well AT ALL.  We ate lunch in the cabin and I took a 2 hour nap!  But, by late afternoon, I was ready to venture out again.  After all, yesterday was our last full day in June Lake...So, we drove out to Mono Lake and the south tufa.  Unfortunately, hubby had adjusted my camera to take photos of the birds on our porch in the dappled sunlight and put it on auto adjust for the ISO and ALL my Mono Lake photos were overexposed!  I returned it to my preferred setting, but the birds are already here this morning, including a momma woodpecker and her chick!  Anyway, after Mono Lake, we drove out to the Mono Craters and the road toward Benson.  We may take that road this morning after we leave the cabin and head down to Lone Pine.  Here are a couple of pics from the Mono Craters.

1 comment:

  1. I get mad at myself when I forget to reset the camera.
    Safe journey home.

    ReplyDelete