Bighorn sheep herd 05/26/14

Bighorn sheep herd 05/26/14
There were about a dozen bighorn sheep this date 052614 up on Highway 74, above Palm Desert, CA, and right above Deep Canyon.

Monday, June 25, 2012

The range of light

Yes, the Sierra Nevada are ALL about the range of light.  Once again, I didn't check my camera setting until the end of yesterday when we were out at the Alabama Hills, so most of my photos were once again overexposed.  When, to my horror, I discovered that I'd set it on auto ISO, I quickly adjusted the settings and took this photo.  I had it on auto ISO in the morning, when I was taking pics of the birds through the kitchen window, which is totally unnecessary to do while out in bright sunlight!  Believe me, I've learned my lesson!  However, I did get this pic before the sun went down completely behind the Sierra Nevada.

3 comments:

  1. Glad you discovered the source of the problem. I've done that same thing too many times to remember. Course, with my memory these days, that doesn't take much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! Light does amazing things...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! Light does amazing things...

    ReplyDelete