Bighorn sheep on Highway 74 October 2014

Bighorn sheep on Highway 74 October 2014
This big guy crossed the highway, October 2014.

Friday, June 22, 2012

Hetch Hetchy before the dam




I was so intrigued by the story of the Hetch Hetchy dam that I went back and googled "Hetch Hetchy before the dam" on Google images.  Obviously, these aren't my photos.  They show a beautiful valley which I believe John Muir described as second only to Yosemite in its grandeur.  Ahhh....those were the days!  Here are a few of the images that I found.  If you like, you can do your own search.

3 comments:

  1. A Very different place indeed. Thanks for sharing the historic view.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw a show on TV about Hetch Hetchy on TV a while back. What an amazing place it was before the dam.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, you can certainly get a feel for what it must have looked like before the dam was built. Same thing happens all over the world when big dams are built. China was a recent example.

    ReplyDelete